Monday, August 5, 2013

Pet Of The Week: Gabby

Hello dear readers! Its been a little while since my last post... A mix of person/family issues and the unfortunate fact that my laptop is on its last leg has been keeping me from updating my blog as much as I would like too. So please bear with me over the next few weeks as I try to work out getting a new computer... or at least trying to fix my old one.
 I love her sweet smile!

But to start of this new week, lets meet our PotW Gabby! Gabby is a sweet, two year old, medium sized, chocolate Pit Bull Terrier. She is a very special girl, with an unfortunate past. Her previous owners did not loosen her collar as she grew, resulting in it becoming embedded. Because of this, she has a noticeable scar that encircles her entire neck. As well as several smaller scars from who knows what all over her body...
Here is a better view of some of Gabby's scars.

Despite Gabby's troubled past, her true Pit Bull spirit shines through. Gabby loves every single person she meets. And loves to be scratched, petted, and cuddled. We think that Gabby was used as a breeding dog, since is it very obvious that she has had more than a few litters of puppies. Thankfully now that she has been 'through the system', Gabby will be spayed before she is adopted.

Although Gabby is very gentle and sweet towards humans, she would need to go to an experienced dog owner. Because of Gabby's over-breeding, she wold prefer to be the only dog in her new home. She does not seem to trust other dogs very much, and acts very defensive if they get too close. Gabby is also Heart Worm Positive, so she will be undergoing treatment after she is adopted. 

Gabby is a wonderful girl, who deserves a wonderful, loving forever home. So if you think that Gabby would be a good fit for your family, please contact the Williamson County Animal Control & Adoption Center in Franklin TN or Check out their Pet Finder page for their other adoptable pets!

1 comment:

  1. She looks so sweet! I hope I can adopt a Pit someday. They just melt my heart.

    ReplyDelete